All mountaineers like a challenge, whether it's completing all the Munros, a long distance walk, a particularly exposed scramble or a rock climb at the limits of their ability. Here are a few challenges for virtual mountaineers:
- Virtually peak bag all the 3,000 ft mountains in England and Wales and all the 4,000 ft mountains in Scotland on our Virtual Peak Bagging pages, read the text, view the mountain from above and pan around the 360° panorama. Then do the England, Wales and Scotland quizes.
- Climb Snowdon by each of the routes for which we have a Virtual Hill Walk either by clicking the mouse on the path ahead or (the ultimate challenge) by just using the arrow keys. Only jumping ahead in the Map View, if there is no other way to proceed.
- Do the Virtual National Three Peaks Challenge and climb one of the routes on Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis either by clicking the mouse on the path ahead or (the ultimate challenge) by just using the arrow keys. Only jumping ahead in the Map View, if there is no other way to proceed.
- Experience the thrill of climbing the vertical 3,000 ft face of El Capitan with Google Street View from Virtual Rock Climbing. But don't look down, unless you have a good head for heights!
- Binge watch all the videos in Virtual Backpacking, Virtual Hill Walking, Virtual Rock Climbing and Virtual Scrambling in each country.
- Binge watch all the videos in Virtual Training for backpacking, hill walking, rock climbing and scrambling.
- Visit all the pages in Virtual Study and binge watch all the videos, to learn more about the mountains of the British Isles, their archeology,their geological history, the languages which form part of their names, their flora and their fauna
- Choose a service (9.30am, 11.30am or 5.30pm) and binge watch all of the services at this time, since the lockdown started on 23 March 2020, at All Souls Services or, if you are a young person, you could do this for the All Souls Youth Services.