Local Treks - Mar '22
Our first planned events in 2022 will be a series of local Adventure Treks taking place at three locations across the country on Saturday 19 March.
cc-by-sa/2.0 - © Philip Halling - geograph.org.uk/p/6925769
- Event - The Hill Fort Adventure - An afternoon of hill walking to the summit of an ancient Hill Fort where we will take advantage of the natural terrain and enjoy a wide game, meet new people and enjoy B.B. company.
- Locations: Herrington Country Park, Sunderland for North East England; British Camp, Malvern Hills for the West Midlands and South Wales; Holmbury Hill, Surrey for London and South East England.
- Date - 19th March 2022
- Who can come - The event is for anyone within easy travelling distance of the Hill Fort. All participants are expected to be fit enough to manage the walk.
- Timing - We anticipate that each Trek will be as follows: meet at the start of the walk at 1:00 p.m. and enjoy a 2.5hr walk to the summit of our Hill Fort, have a wide game and a bite to eat (carry your own refreshments), return to our vehicles by a short 30 min walk and go our separate ways home for a relaxing evening.
- Please register for one of the above events via boys-brigade.org.uk/bbmc-hillfort-adventure and you will be contacted with more detailed information.
- For this event everyone will require good sound footwear, boots preferable but not essential, warm and waterproof clothing, hat and gloves and a small rucksack to carry food and a drink.
- Please remember that the participating Companies are responsible for their young people both for transport and while on the trek- so they should ensure a sufficient number of BB registered Leaders are present.